Instrumentation Laboratory Electrical Engineer I in Bedford, Massachusetts
Electrical Engineer I
Apr 13, 2018
Performs entry level professional engineering work of a routine nature requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Limited exercise of judgment required on details of work and in making preliminary selection and application or adaptations of engineering alternatives, work performed under close supervision of supervising engineer. Authority of position is that required to carry out assigned duties except where expressly reserved by immediate supervisor or IL Corporate/Divisional policy. Primarily works under close direction and receives specific instructions as to required tasks and results expected.
• Enables and supports laboratory investigations and experimentation with the application of embedded microcontollers and scripted automation of robotics and fluidics.
• Performs troubleshooting steps to debug and resolve hardware problems on electronic and electro-mechanical systems.
• Develops new circuit designs according to predefined electrical requirements, performs schematic entry and assists with layout of new PCBs.
• Conducts electrical verification of new system components following an established test plan while documenting the results in verification reports.
• Approaches technical problems in an organized and rational manner
• Performs engineering work of a limited scope and complexity under direct supervision
• Acquires familiarization with Company procedures and direct exposure to engineering problems which enables incumbent to make basic contributions to the total engineering effort
• Assumes limited technical direction to support technicians when so directed
• Work assignments are varied and usually involve limited responsibility and judgment on details of work
• Performs basic engineering studies, tests, and/or experimental investigation
• Designs layouts on less complex components or parts of systems
• Performs calculations consistent with established standards, drawings, and specifications
• Keeps a good engineering notebook
• Works closely with other engineers, technicians, and support personnel
Budget managed (if applicable): N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships
• Assists more senior engineers on engineering programs
• TBD based on departmental needs
Skills & Capabilities:
• Problem Solving, Detail Oriented, Time Management, Teamwork, Priority Setting
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
• B.S. in Engineering and minimal experience related to the areas given above or suitable, equivalent experience.
International Mobility: Required: no
• <5% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V