Lahey Health Supervisor, Medical Billing in Burlington, Massachusetts
Under the managerial oversight of the Professional Billing Manager or Professional/Hospital Cash Manager, and where responsibilities are performed independently within established department policies and procedures, this position is responsible for managing the activities of the Level I, II and III PFS Medical Billing Representatives. Assists in planning, coordinating, and supervising the operations and functions relating to Lahey Health Professional and Hospital Billing activities and all training and education activities as they pertain to system-wide quality, improvements, and revenue cycle/systems workflow initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Under the managerial oversight of the department manager, plans, sets goals and objectives, determines priorities, monitors results and oversees the overall AR and staffing responsibilities of the department.
2) Assists in the review and updates of policies and procedures. Monitors staff adherence to set policies and procedures and assists in the monitoring of accounts to ensure and that government, commercial and private insurers as well as patients are billed accurately and in accordance with government rules and guidelines.
3) Assists in the oversight of training and education efforts of the department
4) Provides input in regard to selecting, hiring, and training of staff.
5) Oversees day to day internal staff auditing and production
6) Mentors PFS level II and III representatives.
7) Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Lahey clinical departments and administrative leadership.
8) Assists the manager in developing new workflows and department strategies for new technology, changing payer and regulatory environments.
9) Responsible for managing the following aspects related to human resources:
a) provides colleague skill and knowledge training, orientation and education, including re-training as necessary
b) interviewing and recommending final candidates for hire, promotion
c) within departmental guidelines, assists in the determination colleague work schedules and the reporting of work hours
d) assists in the evaluation of colleague work performance and recommendations of merit or other increases/decreases in compensation
10) Under the managerial oversight of the Department Manager, this position is responsible to assist with staff goal setting, planning, and monitoring performance results, reporting of key performance indicators, problem solving, ensuring employee competency, productivity and quality of work division wide.
11) Works with the department manager to coordinate the management of quality levels, timeliness in the performance of transactions, the resolution of edits and control of backlogs.
12) Continually strives for process improvement and efficiency.
13) Ensures that the division meets Lahey customer service standards.
Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None Required
Experience: 3+ years in Healthcare Environment preferably in a professional or hospital Billing environment
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: The knowledge and abilitities required to perform this function would typically be acquired through training and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor degree; three (3) years of of experience in Professional/hospital billing or related revenue cycle field. Comprehensive knowledge of the components associated with billing for a large multi-specialty academic group practice. Excellent verbal and communication skills along with the ability to maintain productive and professional relationships. Excellent problem identification and solving skills.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.
Administrative, Facility Maintenance
Lahey Health is committed to equal opportunity. We recruit, hire, train and promote without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected job status. Lahey Clinic provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Please click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.