Macy's Macy's Mall Of New Hampshire, Manchester, NH: Backstage Manager in Manchester, New Hampshire
* Job Overview: *
Under the guidance and leadership of your VP Store Manager, as the Store Backstage Manager, you will be responsible for leading the Backstage within store team. You and your team will drive sales by creating a strong customer centric, fun and engaging culture. All Backstage activities related to selling, merchandising, store maintenance, expense management, shortage prevention and sales support functions are under your direction. The Backstage manager will develop a team of associates through coaching, follow up and recognition. Perform other duties as necessary.
Essential Functions: *
• Drive sales by driving a customer centric, fun and engaging culture • Develop team of associates through coaching, follow-up and recognition • Effectively communicate merchandise needs to the central merchant organization • Provide leadership in delivery of all division initiatives and clearly communicate objectives and priorities to team • Celebrate and recognize individual and team success • Ensure that all company communications, policies and practices are in place • Maintain high customer readiness standards, deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop environment • Ensure that appropriate staffing levels are met • Flex team members as necessary to provide appropriate coverage of cash wrap, fitting rooms, floor recovery, etc. • Monitor queue line to adjust staffing as necessary for line busting • Recruit a positive and engaging team of executives and team members • Build a culture of recognition by executing Macy’s Backstage recognition programs • Ensure all team members receive appropriate training and onboarding • Lead team to support giving back to the local community, helping create stronger, healthier places to live and work • Perform other duties as assigned
• A minimum of 3-5 years of retail management experience, off-price experience a plus.
- Communication Skills: *
- * • Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents, such as reports and procedure manuals. • Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; • Ability to understand key metrics including sales, profitability, shortage calculations and retail math.
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team. • Must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: *
• This position may involve constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching and standing for at least two consecutive hours;
• It may involve lifting at least 30 lbs., as well as stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders; • Optical abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other Skills: *
• Must be able to function as part of a team and collaborate with team members; • Possess a strong sense of urgency; • Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers; • Possess a thirst for learning; • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.* This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Manchester
Job: Store Management
Req ID: 710116014