Macy's Retail Visual Merchandiser, Full Time: The Mall At Rockingham Park in Salem, New Hampshire
The Visual Merchandiser is responsible for arranging and maintaining attractive visual presentation in windows, on ledges, shelves, and fashion panels throughout the store. May follow a floor plan to re-merchandise an area in preparation for special events or season changes. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking* here *.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Pull merchandise to set-up visual representations using the loan book to check merchandise into and out of departments
- Construct, paint, set-up, and install signs, sale banners, panels, and other items required for special events, clearance events, and fashion shows
- Set-up and maintain fixtures using hand or power tools, such as saws, dykes, hammers, screwdrivers, staple guns, ladders, mannequin units, scissors, nails, spray paint, spray glue, and knives
- Maintain and present visual displays in a compelling and exciting manner in accordance with company directives
- Understand customer preferences and exercise judgment when deviating from company directives to appeal to specific customer base
Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Additionaleducation training in art or merchandising is preferred. Merchandise presentation or visual presentation experience is preferred.
Communication Skills: Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands: This position Involves heavy lifting, constant moving,
standing, and reaching with arms and hands.
Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours,
lift at least 30 lbs. Will involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other skills: Must possess vision and creativity. Basic knowledge of art, design, fashion, and interior decoration. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Salem
Job: Visual Merchandising
Req ID: 710114028