Ingersoll Rand District Finance Leader in WILMINGTON, Massachusetts
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Incumbents in this position will be an integral part of the management team.Utilizing their in-depth knowledge of the business, they will lead financial aspects covering commercial sales districts including financial planning and analysis, productivity, and business growth evaluation and analysis, while balancing financial growth with financial integrity and driving/influencing business results.
• Leads in identifying and communicating opportunities and risks within the business. Partner with the district leadership team to develop and measure appropriate business and operational plans.
• Leads in developing tools to address financial selling opportunities, partners with office leadership in marketing such opportunities with customers.
• Responsible for complex and interpretive financial analysis. Provide financial leadership by preparing and presenting financial analysis and variance explanations to district office leadership teams and territory teams.
• Lead and support cross-functional and cross-territory project teams to implement key strategies and initiatives.
• Lead the business forecasting process for the office. Support the annual budgeting process. Build and maintain strong relationships with office management teams and territory stream leaders.
• Prepare dashboard reporting for strategic business initiatives and areas of emphasis to monitor progress against goals and forecasts.
• Partner with the Americas Accounting Center (AAC) to understand and communicate the effect of accounting entries.
• Collaborate with peer finance leaders to identify best practice solutions to business developments.
• Partner with the AAC to ensure SOX compliance in the districts.
• Provide support to leadership team in developing appropriate and measurable goals for compensation plans. Assist territory and local HR teams to analyze and review compensation plans.
• Evaluate capital expenditures and operating expenses. Develop business case models measuring Return On Investment (ROI), business opportunities and product offerings. Provide support and participate in financial selling opportunities.
• Using Lean tools, drive improvements in office and financial processes. Provide leadership, benefit validation, support and approval for office and territory productivity initiatives.
• Represent Trane through active community and association involvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in business/finance-related field required, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5 years of financial experience required, 7 preferred.
• Ability to work independently and travel (depending on location); travel could be 50% - 60%.
• Excellent analytical and economic modeling skills required.
• Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Strong influencing and presentation skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required.
• Ability to effectively communicate and explain financial results to non-financial managers.
• Must be detail-oriented and deadline sensitive.
• High degree of problem solving ability required.
• Must be able to manage complex projects and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• General knowledge of Trane computer systems a plus (Oracle, Hyperion, Actuate).
• Must be energetic, forward thinking, and creative with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: WILMINGTON-Massachusetts
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Apr 13, 2018, 8:56:49 AM