American Tower Documentation Supervisor in Woburn, Massachusetts
The Document Supervisor ensures all the Company’s U.S. Tower division’s financial, legal, and operational documents are systematically managed and aligned with the Company’s enterprise document management system and corresponding policies and procedures. The incumbent oversees a production staff responsible for accurately identifying the document types, naming and uploading documents to the enterprise system, and providing to key stakeholders and executive teams a quality review and audit of documents. The incumbent assists with leading the development of document management and lifecycle programs, retention policies and procedures, best practices, and training documentation for implementation with end users who create, review, update, and delete documents. The incumbent also assists with researching new document storage and management technologies and improving existing processes for more efficient document management.
- Monitor key metrics, manage production workload and priorities for the team, and ensure new and existing documents are published and managed in accordance with established documentation procedures and accurately present quality metrics
- Work closely with document owners, business teams, and internal IT teams to monitor document processes and new technologies
- Ensure business requests are responded to in a timely and efficient manner and in line with documentation policies and procedures
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting on production and/or project activities to management, document owners, and project teams
- Develop and oversee an ongoing document management training program
- Manage external vendor management to maintain onsite and offsite documentation storage records, ensuring documents are accurately recorded
- Create and maintain a CRUD matrix for document ownership and accountability to manage business user rights and permissions
- Implement corrective actions to drive compliance with organizational objectives, policies, and procedures
- Develop, provide support for, and communicate the implementation of document repository policies, procedures, and best practices
- Consult with and/or respond to internal groups, including IT, Legal, Operations, and Audit, regarding document management issues or procedures
- Apply understanding of Company documentation systems and documentation policies and procedures to continuously enhance, automate, and simplify processes, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo for improvements in documentation systems configuration and/orpolices/procedures, with a focus on improving effectiveness, efficiency, and reducing cost.
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervise and manage the performance of Document Analysts
- Create a strong collaborative team environment
- Recruit, develop, and retain staff, partnering with Management, Recruiting, and Human Resources. This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
- Provide disciplined performance management for the team. Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources
- Demonstrated ability to supervise others, establish measurable objectives, and evaluate performance
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long-term, mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Data Management Systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills ( i.e ., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high-volume environment
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Good strategic and problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience with document management, change control management, and managing documentation systems required
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience required
- Experience organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation required
- Tower industry, operations, leasing, or real estate experience preferred
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Job: Supr Documentation
Title: Documentation Supervisor
Requisition ID: 1800006D