American Tower Risk Management Analyst, Real Estate in Woburn, Massachusetts
* SUMMARY: *
The Analyst, Risk Management mitigates the risk of lost assets due to property tax delinquency and related real estate issues.The incumbent will research real estate tax risks associated with owner tax delinquencies and recommend appropriate action to avoid loss.The incumbent will communicate with landlords, taxing jurisdictions and internal parties to assess the level of risk and will recommend action to the Supervisor, Risk Management.The incumbent will track and report specific risks associated with tower sites, assess financial and non-financial impacts of all risks, and ensure all issues are addressed prior to deadlines set by taxing authorities.The incumbent will drive strong internal and external customer service and ensure landlord relationships are well maintained.The Analyst, Risk Management will assist with researching and managing other non-tax related risks affecting the real estate portfolio as determined by the Supervisor, Risk Management.The Analyst, Risk Management will work regularly and effectively with other internal departments, including Legal, Operations and Finance.
- Accurately and thoroughly research real estate parcels for tax delinquencies using internal systems, property information databases, and county websites.
- Review and interpret land leases for language related to property tax.
- Make sound recommendations about open tax risk matters and take appropriate mitigating action to avoid loss of assets.
- Adhere to workflow for decision process relating to tax delinquencies and resolution.
- Manage multiple delinquency issues with various landlords and internal teams.
- Collaborate with members of the Land Management, Tax and Legal departments, and with TAPP, Consent, and Land Lease Finance teams, to determine appropriate actions and ensure all interactions with landlords maximize the Company' financial interest and improve landlord relationships.
- Communicate with landlords via phone and written communication regarding tax status and possible solutions.
- Develop long-term, positive relationships with landlords.
- Maintain Delinquent Property Tax tracker by identifying correct contacts and tracking all actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Strong financial analysis skills, including advanced experience with Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage complex projects from inception to execution.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Two years work experience required
- Familiarity with title and contracts from a legal or business perspective preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and especially Microsoft Excel, required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position's responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
American Tower (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
Job: Analyst Risk Mgmt RE
Title: Risk Management Analyst, Real Estate
Requisition ID: 18000077